Different Blinds Shop – Apollo Blinds
Apollo Blinds is a franchise network where franchisees sell and install quality made-to-measure window blinds, curtains, shutters and awnings.
It is part of the Hunter Douglas Group (the world’s largest window blinds company), so franchisees have access to the widest range of window blinds in the UK.
The company was founded in 1972, and the franchise model is based on a partnership approach with its network of franchisees that has been developed and refined over a number of years. It now has more than 50 active franchise areas – including both mobile businesses and showrooms.
The market opportunity
Apollo Blinds has experienced strong trading conditions, despite national lockdowns and other restrictions since March 2020 – because there has been a huge consumer appetite for home improvement. There is strong demand for quality, made-to-measure window blinds, shutters, awning and curtains that are installed by experts.
NEW for 2021: new payment pathways to join Apollo Blinds
Apollo Blinds has introduced new ways to join their network, with options to suit a range of circumstances. The new payment options reflect the different financial circumstances of people joining the network. It’s based on varying deposit levels, lower upfront investment and longer terms to spread the investment of becoming part of Apollo Blinds.
Apollo Blinds is different from many other blinds businesses because franchisees don’t just sell superior window blinds – they expertly fit them too! Its customers love the complete peace of mind they get that their new made-to-measure window coverings are fitted by experts, so they work precisely as they should for years.
Another of Apollo Blinds’ key strengths is the breadth of its ranges: it often has window covering solutions that local competitors don’t have access to, and new franchisees can get very busy very quickly. Its most-successful ones have learned the importance of taking a little bit of time to plan their days effectively. For example, they plan sales appointments and installations in the same area on the same day to reduce costs and travel time and to increase productivity and profitability.
All products are made to measure, meaning that franchisees’ money won’t be tied up in stock. Upon order, deposits are taken, with the balance due on the day of installation. These two factors (strong cash flow and no costly stockholding) in particular mean that opening an Apollo Blinds franchise represents a low-risk investment.
Apollo Blinds provides an initial five-day induction training programme at its Glasgow head office. This training is pitched according to a new franchisee’s DIY skills and product knowledge and is then backed up with further training and ongoing support in the following areas:
- Head office – members of the admin team respond to all day-to-day queries and questions – such as updates on delivery times
- Area managers – our area managers help franchisees in their areas to grow their businesses strategically, working closely alongside them
- Product trainers – from answering queries on particular products to assisting with installation issues, our product trainers are specialists in answering technical questions
- Marketing experts – our experienced marketing team know exactly how to target customers and present our products effectively, which is why franchisees rely on them for marketing support at all stages of their business growth
- Peers – when you join our 50-strong chain of franchises, you’ll become part of a friendly knowledge-sharing network
Daily Life of a franchisee
Apollo Blinds franchisees will tell you that no two days are ever the same – but if there were an ‘average’ day, it would revolve around:
- Taking time to plan your busy day
- Attending customer appointments
- Returning to a customer’s home to install window blinds
- Reviewing marketing activity to understand responses to your advertising
- Keeping an eye on finances to understand costs of sales, average order value, profit margins, etc.
For further information about this franchise opportunity, please submit your details via the ‘Contact Listing Owner’ form above.